|He ain't heavy, he's my son|
I'm so curious to see just how his lumbar spine fracture has healed. CT scan this week.
In hindsight, so many good things came out of this that it outweighs the bad.
1. It sure gave Gino a break from work. I definitely would have preferred us to go away on holiday for 6 months but hey! it takes something this serious to force him to take a breather.
2. All that time at home gave our son precious time with his dad. Their relationship has evolved to a whole new level since.
3. It made me read voraciously on how to help Gino heal as best as possible. And this made us change our eating habits and we are still improving it as we learn new things about food.
4. Gino has been a patient before with numerous knee procedures. But never at this level where his spine and his skull were fractured. We may have become the best physiotherapists in recovery after a spinal fracture!
5. We emerged stronger as a family. Getting through a difficult situation almost always does that.
At the end of the day. I am thankful. So very thankful. For health, for family, for good friends.