Sunday, August 23, 2015

Home Made Energy Bar

In my plight to ensure that my husband eats as much nutritious food as possible, I decided to try making a nutritious, all organic energy bar. This would be for him to bring along on his long bike rides on Saturday mornings.

It wasn't too difficult at all. I had all the ingredients in my fridge and pantry. All you need is a food processor or a high speed blender. I used my trusty Vitamix blender to do the job. Think a food processor would have been easier. Check out the recipe at Healthy No Bake Snack Bar Recipe.

All laid out ready for the fridge
After a few hours in the fridge. Cut into bars.
Packed and ready to go
Verdict: Gino loves the taste! Thank goodness! And he found that it was a good source of fuel for his ride. No after taste and easy to swallow unlike the commercial bars. That's success enough for me :)
Looks like this will be a weekly affair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely find this delightful! Thank you for the treat and recipe. Very handy as snack.