Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Return to Running After Pregnancy

October's Runner's World has been a great read. This month, it has a whole write up on Fit Mamas. It's about training during pregnancy and after delivery.

It features world class marathon runners, Paula Radcliffe and Kara Goucher. Although they are at a whole different level, it inspires me to get my ass up and running after giving birth to Dean.

Wouldn't it be great if all mums had a support network so they could get out there to run :)

Two tips mums gave in this October issue that I thought useful;

1. Mums could take turns caring for one another's babies, while the other runs.
2. If your home was large anough then you could put a treadmill in your living room so you can run without waiting for your hubby's return.

Running to me is more than just exercise, it gives me more energy, it keeps me sane,it gives me a break from caring for my son and it gives me time and space to think :)

As Dean grows and reaches different milestones, Gino and I realize he's a very active individual, so I want to be fit to be able to keep up with him :)

Aized

*Photo courtesy of Tristan Savatier from Flickr

No comments: