Sunday, October 3, 2010

Training Session #5: 6 a.m. Run

3 weeks to the Nike City 10K Run.

Marlene and I had to run separately this week because I had to take Dean for a blood test on Friday morning. Since Dean was up at 545 a.m. and Gino could not get back to sleep, I got to do my run at 6 a.m. :)

It was a nice change. Ran along East Coast Park as always, it was beautiful at that time of day. The air was cool and there was only two other people walking along the path. The lights from the ships illuminated the water. It was like a whole other city out there. Some of the ships looked like skyscrapers!

The last time I felt that I could run forever was when I used to run by the river in Adelaide. The low humidity and cool weather allowed me to run for longer before I got tired. I felt that way during this run. I had to force myself to turn back after a while.

Must do more of this.

Next week we plan to do a long run :) Will keep you updated!

Aized

*Photo courtesy of Getzschman's Photostream on Flickr

No comments: